Justice For Our Neighbors-Dallas/Fort Worth extends hospitality to the immigrant community by offering high-quality immigrant legal services at a low cost, sharing information with the public, and engaging in advocacy with our immigrant neighbors.
We are seeking a full-time, bilingual (Spanish-English) attorney or BIA-accredited representative. Duties to include but not limited to: legal research, consultations, public speaking, case opening, hearings/USCIS interviews, case work, developing public education and training materials. And of course “other duties as required.”
We are an inclusive, supportive office culture that welcomes all to apply. Position available July 1, 2017. The attorney or BIA-accredited representative will be based in Grapevine, Texas. Some weekend and evening work required. Some travel required. Salary determined on experience, full benefits and educational perks offered.
- Knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visas, particularly U, VAWA, and T visas. SIJS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining high level of productivity and coordination with team members.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Respect for our clients and a passion for immigration.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment.
Must be admitted to a state bar, preferably Texas, OR a BIA-accredited representative.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Graham Bateman, email@example.com, on or before Tuesday June 13, 2017.