NJFON supports a hospitality ministry that welcomes immigrants by providing free or low-cost, expert immigration legal services to low-income immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers. We also engage in advocacy for immigrant justice, and offer education to communities of faith and to the public.
- We are compassionate and trustworthy. We create a welcoming atmosphere for JFON clients.
- We value high-quality immigration legal services provided by staff attorneys.
- We are volunteer-based. We provide opportunities for meaningful interaction between volunteers and their immigrant neighbors.
- We are faith-based, yet welcome all clients and volunteers, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
- We care about improving our nation’s immigration policies and our communities’ relationships with immigrants.
- We value our network model to serve more immigrants in need through learning from each other, leveraging our strengths and becoming more productive through shared information and resources.